GRID REFERENCE: SN 305103
AREA IN HECTARES: 142.10
An area of saltmarsh which has mainly developed since the construction of a sea wall in 1800-10. However, at the far north end of the area, beneath the castle and town of Laugharne, lie 'The Green Banks', an area of saltmarsh which has historically been held of the Lordship of Laugharne as tidal common land.
This area solely comprises unenclosed, developing salt marsh lying just above average High Water Mark and crossed by meandering streams and pills.
The only recorded archaeological feature is the use of 'The Green Banks' as common land. There are no recorded fish-traps, sea-defences or wrecks within the area.
There are no buildings.
This is a distinctive landscape area mainly lying between Laugharne and Pendine Marsh to the west and the Taf estuary to the east.
Base map reproduced from the OS map with the permission of Ordnance Survey on behalf of The Controller of Her Majesty's Stationery Office, © Crown Copyright 2001. All rights reserved. Unauthorised reproduction infringes Crown Copyright and may lead to prosecution or civil proceedings. Licence Number: GD272221
[click for navigation menu if not present]