Cartref > Tirweddau Hanesyddol > Aberdaugleddau >

Disgrifio Nodweddion Tirweddau Hanesyddol

Ffynonellau a ddefnyddiwyd

MAPIAU
Angyhoeddus

Tithe maps and apportionments
Angle Parish, 1842
Boulston Parish, 1844
Burton Parish, 1840
Carew Parish, 1839
Cosheston Parish, 1841
Dale Parish, 1847
Freystrop Parish, 1839
Hasguard Parish, 1841
Herbranston Parish, 1839
Hubberston Parish, 1840
Jeffreyston Parish , 1845
Lawrenny Parish, 1843
Llangwm Parish, 1841
Llanstadwell Parish, 1849
Llanstadwell third part, 1830
Llawhaden Parish, 1843
Martletwy Parish, 1844
Marloes Parish, 1843
Monkton Parish, 1841
Mounton Parish, 1846
Narberth Parish, 1842
Nash Parish, 1839
Pwllcrochan Parish, 1840
Robeston West Parish, 1843
Rhoscrowther Parish, 1838
Rosemarket Parish, 1843
St Ishmael’s Parish, 1839
St Mary Pembroke Parish, 1841
St Michael Pembroke Parish, 1841
Slebech, Minwere and Newton Parishes, 1847
Stainton Parish, 1843
Uzmaston Parish, 1841
Walwyn’s Castle Parish, 1842
Yerbeston Parish, 1845

Mapiau Llawysgrif yn Llyfrgell genedlaethol Cymru
NLW MAP 7524, 1740
NLW MAP 7529, 1851
NLW MAP 7554, 1740
NLW MAP 7575, n.d.
NLW 14229/6, 1815
NLW MORGAN RICHARDSON DEPOSIT NO. 1, 1773
NLW PICTON CASTLE VOL. 1, 1773
NLW PICTON CASTLE VOL. 4., c. 1850
NLW R.K. LUCAS COLL. MAP 16, 1762
NLW R.K. LUCAS COLL. MAP 17, 1774
NLW R.K. LUCAS COLL. MAP 19, 1762
NLW R.K. LUCAS COLL. MAP 25, n.d.
NLW R.K. LUCAS COLL. VOL. 2, 1808
NLW SLEBECH 32, 1774
NLW SLEBECH 33, 1791
NLW SLEBECH 34, 1790
NLW SLEBECH 35, 1794
NLW SLEBECH 40, 1790
NLW SLEBECH 58, 1822
NLW VOL. 88, 1774
NLW VOL. 1, n.d.

Mapiau llawysgrif yn Swyddfa Cofnodau Sir Benfro
PRO D/ALLEN/5/105, 1805
PRO D/ALLEN/5/107, 1836
PRO D/ANGLE/5, 1824
PRO D/ANGLE/92, 1838
PRO D/ANGLE/115, 1824
PRO D/ANGLE/116, 1824
PRO D/CAR/107, 1836
PRO D/ER/3/6, 1786
PRO DB/13 85, n.d.
PRO DB/13/101, 1837
PRO DB/16/131, 1836
PRO D/BUSH/6/26, n.d.
PRO D/BUSH/6/27 1848
PRO D/BUSH/6/30, 1758
PRO D/BUSH/6/40, 1813
PRO D/BUSH/6/142, 1737
PRO D/BUSH/6/144, 1807
PRO D/BUSH/6/145, 1859
PRO D/EE/7/338, 1777
PRO D/EE/17/118, 1795
PRO D/LEW/M/3, 1807
PRO D/LLC/674, n.d.
PRO D/LLW/309, 1779
PRO D/RICW/1194, n.d.
PRO D/RKL/1194/ 1, 1814
PRO D/RKL/1194/2, n.d.
PRO D/RKL/1194/3, 1795
PRO D/RKL/1194/4, 1813
PRO D/RKL/1194/6, n.d.
PRO D/RKL/1194/7, n.d.
PRO D/RKL/1194/9, n.d.
PRO D/RKL/1194/10, 1827
PRO D/RKL/1194/11, c. 1795
PRO D/RKL/1194/12, 1814
PRO D/RKL/1194/13, n.d.
PRO D/RKL/1194/14, n.d
PRO D/RKL/1194/16, n.d.
PRO D/RKL/1194/17, n.d.
PRO D/RKL/1194/18, n.d.
PRO D/RKL/1194/20, n.d.
PRO D/RKL/841, 1760
PRO D/RKL/932, 1814
PRO D/RTP/MHE/215, n.d.
PRO D/RTP/SIR RBPP/6/2, 1835
PRO D/RTP/SLE/80, n.d.
PRO D/RTP/THD39, 1838
PRO HDX/60/65, 1817
PRO HDX/80/66, 1817
PRO HDX/198/1, 1741
PRO HDX/198/2, 1841
PRO HDX/800/1, 1773
PRO HDX/969/1, 1769
PRO HPR/21/3, 1740
PRO RTM/6/21, 1740

Mapiau llawysgrif Eraill
Ministry of Defence AE 492, Plan of Angle Airfield c.1943
National Monuments Record, Cawdor Map Book, 1787


Cyhoeddus

Rees, W, 1932 Map of South Wales and the Border in the XIVth Century

Dogfennau
Angyhoeddus
Austin, D (ed.), 1992 ‘The Carew Castle Archaeological Project: 1992 season interim report’, unpublished SDUC Lampeter report

Austin, D (ed.), 1993 ‘The Carew Castle Archaeological Project: 1993 season interim report’, unpublished SDUC Lampeter report

Cadw n.d. ‘Description of Cresswell Castle’

Cadw/ICOMOS, n.d ‘Draft Register of Parks and Gardens of Special Historic Interest in Wales’

Crane, P, 1994 ‘Dyfed coastal promontory fort assessment 1993-94’, unpublished report by Dyfed Archaeological Trust

Edwards, G, 1950 ‘A study of the Daugleddau Coalfield (Pembrokeshire)’, unpublished MA thesis, University of Birmingham

Hall, J, et al., 2000 ‘Milford Haven Historic Audit, Stage 2’, unpublished report by Dyfed Archaeological Trust

James, H, 2000 ‘Angle: settlement morphology, topography and archaeology to accompany conservation area statements’, unpublished report by Dyfed Archaeological Trust

James, T A, 1981 ‘The early development of the medieval borough of Haverford’, unpublished typescript by Dyfed Archaeological Trust

Kissock, J A, 1990 ‘The Origins of the Village in South Wales: a Study in Landscape Archaeology’, unpublished D. Phil. thesis, University of Leicester.

Kissock, J, 1993 ‘Historic Settlements project: South Pembrokeshire’, unpublished Dyfed Archaeological Trust report

Locock, M, 1993 ‘Archaeological recording: East Blockhouse, Angle’, unpublished Glamorgan-Gwent Archaeological Trust Report No. 93/074

Ludlow, N D, 1993 ‘North and South Quay Pembroke: initial archaeological assessment’, unpublished Dyfed Archaeological Trust Report

Ludlow, N, 1994 ‘The watermains renewal at Coombs Cottage, Angle: archaeological watching brief’, unpublished Dyfed Archaeological Trust Report

Ludlow, N D, 1997a ‘Angle Dovecote, Pembrokeshire: historical summary and structural description’, unpublished report by Dyfed Archaeological Trust

Ludlow, N D, 1997b ‘Angle Windmill, Pembrokeshire: historical summary and structural description’, unpublished report by Dyfed Archaeological Trust

Ludlow, N D, 1997c ‘Castell Coch, Newton North, Pembrokeshire: historical summary and structural description’, unpublished report by Dyfed Archaeological Trust

Ludlow, N D, 1997d ‘The Sisters House, Minwear, Pembrokeshire: historical summary and structural description’, unpublished report by Dyfed Archaeological Trust

Ludlow, N D, 1998 ‘The Welsh Historic Churches Project: Pembrokeshire churches’, unpublished reports by Dyfed Archaeological Trust

Ludlow, N D, and Murphy, K, 1995 ‘Redberth-Sageston Bypass: Stage 3 Archaeological Evaluation’, unpublished Dyfed Archaeological Trust Report

Ludlow, N, and Ramsey, R, 1994 ‘The proposed watermains renewal at Picton Castle, Rhos: archaeological assessment’, unpublished Dyfed Archaeological Trust Report

Mason, R, 1986 ‘The maritime traditions of Llanstadwell Parish’

McKay, K D, n.d. ‘The history of Milford part one 1790-1809: a grand design’

McKay, K D, n.d. ‘The history of Milford part two 1809-1867: the lean years’

McKay, K D, n.d. ‘The history of Milford part three 1867-1899: a dock for transatlantic liners?’

McKay, K D, n.d. ‘The history of Milford part four 1888-1959: when king fish reigned’

Murphy, K, 1987, ‘Carew Castle’, unpublished Dyfed Archaeological Trust Report

Murphy, K, 1995 ‘Pembroke Power Station: Archaeological Study’, unpublished Dyfed Archaeological Trust Report

Murphy, K and Allen, B, 1997 ‘Coastal Survey 1996-97: Strumble Head (Pembrokeshire) to Ginst Point (Carmarthenshire)’, Unpublished report by Dyfed Archaeological Trust

Murphy, K and Allen, B, 1998 ‘Coastal Survey 1997-98: Lower Milford Haven, Pembrokeshire’, unpublished report by Dyfed Archaeological Trust

Page, N, 2001 ‘Castle Pill, Milford Haven: desk-based assessment’, unpublished report by Dyfed Archaeological Trust

Page, N, forthcoming ‘Archaeological survey of the early ironworking industry of Carmarthenshire and Pembrokeshire’, unpublished report by Dyfed Archaeological Trust

Page, N and Scott, S, 1998, ‘Battle HQ, Angle: Archaeological Survey’, unpublished report by Dyfed Archaeological Trust

Ramsey, R, 1999 ‘Wogaston, Rhoscrowther, proposed windfarm site: archaeological assessment’, unpublished report by Dyfed Archaeological Trust

Thomas, R, 1994 ‘Survey of the 19th and 20th century military buildings of Pembrokeshire’, unpublished report for PembrokeshireCoast National Park and Welsh Development Agency.

Walker, R F, 1950 ‘Richard Marshal and the Rising of 1233-34’, unpublished MA thesis, University of Wales Aberystwyth

 


Cyhoeddus
Boon, G C, 1986 Welsh Hoards 1079-1081

Briggs, C S, 1998 ‘A new field of Welsh cultural history: inference and evidence in gardens and landscapes since c.1450’, in Pattison, P (ed.), There by Design: Field Archaeology in Parks and Gardens, BAR British Series 267, 65-74

Brock, D, 1989 Wings over Carew: R.N.A.S. Pembroke/Milton 1915-50; R.A.F. Carew Cherion 1939-45

Calendar of Charter Rolls 2, Henry III - Edward I (1257-1300), 1906

Carridice, P, 1991 The Book of Pembroke Dock

Carradice, P, 1992 Pembroke for King and Parliament

Charles, B G, 1948 ‘The Records of Slebech’, National Library of Wales Journal 5,179-198

Charles, B G, 1992 The Place-Names of Pembrokeshire

Charles, B G, 1967 Calendar of the Records of the Borough of Haverfordwest 1539-1660

Crane, P, forthcoming ‘Iron Age Promontory Fort to Medieval Castle? Excavations at Great Castle Head, Dale, Pembrokeshire 1999’, Archaeologia Cambrensis

Davies, J C (ed.), 1946, Episcopal Acts relating to the Welsh Dioceses 1066-1272, Vol. 1

Davies, R Ll and Nelson, J, 1999 A River Never Sleeps. A Local History of Martletwy, Minwear, Newton and Coedcanlas

Dresser, B J, 1959 ‘Land use and farm practice in the parish of Dale’, Field Studies, Vol. 1, No. 1, 17-39

Dudley Edwards, J, 1972-73 St Ishmael’s – The Story and History of a Village

Dudley Edwards, J and Thorne, R G, 1973 St Ishmael’s – The Story and History of a Village - supplement

Edwards, G, 1963 ‘The coal industry in Pembrokeshire’, Field Studies, 1, No. 3, 33-64

Edwards, N and Lane, A, 1988 Early Medieval Settlements in Wales AD 400-1100

Fenton, R, 1811 A Historical Tour through Pembrokeshire.

Findlay, J A, 1875 A Handbook of Pembroke Dock

Gerrard, S, 1990 ‘The Carew Castle Project, 1986-1990’, Fortress 6, 45-50

Green, F, 1913 ‘The Barlows of Slebech’, West Wales Historical Records Vol. III

Hague, D B, 1994, Lighthouses of Wales

Hassell, C, 1794, General View of the Agriculture of the County of Pembrokeshire

Howell, D W (ed.), 1993 Pembrokeshire County History, Vol. IV, Modern Pembrokeshire 1815-1974

Howells, B, 1968 ‘The distribution of customary acres in South Wales’, National Library of Wales Journal 15, 226-233

Howells, B (ed.), 1973 Elizabethan Pembrokeshire: the evidence of George Owen

Howells, B (ed.), 1993 Pembrokeshire County History, Vol. III, Early Modern Pembrokeshire 1536-1815

Howells, B E, 1955-56 ‘Pembrokeshire farming circa 1580-1620’, National Library of Wales Journal 15, 239-250, 313-333, 413,439

Hunter, J (ed.), 1929 The Pipe Roll of 31 Henry I

Jenkins, D, 1982 The Maritime Heritage of Dyfed

John, B, 1995, Pembrokeshire Past and Present

Jones, F, 1987 ‘Customs of the Manor and Lordship of Castlemartin’, Bulletin of the Board of Celtic Studies 34, 200-204

Jones, F, 1996, Historic Houses of Pembrokeshire

King, D J C, 1988 Castellarium Anglicanum

Kissock, J, 1995 ‘The Historic Settlements of South Pembrokeshire’, Ruralia I: The Proceedings of Confearence Ruralia, Prague

Kissock, J, 1997 ‘God Made Nature and Men Made Towns: Post-Conquest and Pre-Conquest Villages in Pembrokeshire’, in Edwards, N (ed.) Landscape and Settlement in Medieval Wales, Oxbow Monograph 18, 123-38

Laws, E, 1888 A History of Little England Beyond Wales and the Non-Kymric Colony settled in Pembrokeshire

Laws, E, 1909 ‘Notes on the Alien Benedictine Priory of St Nicholas and St John the Evangelist in Monkton, Pembroke’, Archaeologia Cambrensis Sixth Series, Vol. IX, Part II

Leach, A L L, 1937 The History of the Civil War (1642-1649) in Pembrokeshire and on its Borders

Lewis, E A (ed.), 1927 The Welsh Port Books (1550-1603), Cymmrodorion Record Series 11

Lewis, S, 1833 A Topographical Dictionary of Wales

Lilley, K, 1995 The Norman Town in Dyfed, Birmingham University Urban Morphology Research Monograph No. 1

Lockley, R, 1977 Orielton: The Human and Natural History of a Welsh Manor

Ludlow, N D, 1991 ‘Pembroke Castle and Town Walls’, Fortress 8, 25-30.

Ludlow, N D, 2002, ‘Pill Priory, 1996-99: Recent work at a Tironian house in Pembrokeshire’, Medieval Archaeology 46

McKay, K, 1993 ‘The port of Milford: Oil in the twentieth century’, in D W Howell (ed.), Pembrokeshire County History Volume IV Modern Pembrokeshire 1815 - 1974

Murphy, K, 1997 ‘Small Boroughs in South-West Wales: their Planning, Early Development and Defences’, in Edwards, N (ed.) Landscape and Settlement in Medieval Wales, Oxbow Monograph 18, 139-56

Nash, G, 1986 ‘The Windmills of Pembrokeshire: an historical view’, Melin 2, 32-53

Miles, D (ed.), 1999 A History of the Town and County of Haverfordwest

Owen, H (ed.), 1897 The Description of Pembrokeshire by George Owen, Lord of Kemes, Part 2

Owen, H (ed.), 1911 Calendar of Pembrokeshire Records, Vol. I

Owen, H (ed.), 1918 Calendar of Pembrokeshire Records, Vol. III

Peters, S, 1905 The Story of Pembroke Dock

Phillips, J, 1972 Aymer de Valence, Earl of Pembroke 1307-1324.

Price, M R C, 1986 The Pembroke and Tenby Railway

Pritchard, E M, 1907 The History of St Dogmaels Abbey

Ramsey, R and Williams, G, 1993 ‘Dale Promontory Fort, Dale’, Archaeology in Wales 32, 68-9

Rees, J F, 1957 The Story of Milford

Rees, J R, 1897 ‘Slebech Commandery and the Knights of St John, Part I’, Archaeologia Cambrensis, Vol. XIV, Fifth Series.

Rees, J R, 1899 ‘Slebech Commandery and the Knights of St John, Part II’, Archaeologia Cambrensis, Vol. XVI, Fifth Series

Rees, W (ed.), 1975 A Calendar of Ancient Petitions Relating to Wales, Thirteenth to Sixteenth Century, at the Public Record Office

Richards, M, 1969 Welsh Administrative and Territorial Units.

Roberts, R A (ed.), 1917 The Episcopal Registers of the Diocese of St Davids, 1397 to 1518, Vol. II

Royal Commission on Ancient and Historical Monuments (Wales), 1917 Inventory: Pembrokeshire

Saunders, A D, 1964 ‘Popton Fort’, Archaeological Journal, Vol. CXIX, 345-7

Smith, P, 1988 Houses of the Welsh Countryside

Soulsby, I, 1983 The Towns of Medieval Wales

Thorpe, L (ed.), 1978 Gerald of Wales: The Journey through Wales and the Description of Wales

Toorians, L, 1990 ‘Wizo Flandrensis and the Flemish Settlement in Pembrokeshire’, Cambridge Medieval Celtic Studies 20, 99-118

Walker, R F, 1989 ‘Henry II’s Charter to Pembroke’, Bulletin of the Board of Celtic Studies 36, 132-45

Willis-Bund, J W (ed.), 1902 The Black Book of St Davids

 

 

 

[click for navigation menu if not present]