In 1672, Crickchurch or Christ Church , the site of which lies immediately to the east of Crickchurch Farm in Carew parish, had right of burial. Very little else is known of church, but it is reported to be associated with a settlement. In 2011, the owner of the farm reported that the foundations of the church can be made out in dry weather and that stonework is brought to the surface when the field is ploughed.
The church was not located in a 2012 geophysical survey due to interference from a nearby wire fence, but other features indicate trackways, enclosures, pits and possible structural remains and are consistent with a settlement.
Crickchurch geophysical survey (PDF - opens in a new window)
[click for navigation menu if not present]